We are all very excited to get back to our normal lives by next years 2021 Striper Derby and to continue our long-standing passion for the outdoors and fishing. Once again we will be hosting the event at London Bridge Resort. We will have docks for the boats weighing in their bags of stripers and plenty of parking for cars and boat trailers near the hotel’s convention center for our awards and check-in functions. So get signed up now and get ready to fish in the sun at the 39th annual Lake Havasu Striper Derby, now rescheduled for May 14th – 16th, 2021.
Click links below for 2021 Itinerary and Rules (coming soon)
Check out the Lake Havasu Striper Derby Video – A fun event for family and friends
What’s happening at the 2021 Striper Derby?
- Big Fish High Roller’s optional: Throw in an additional $100 on top of your all-inclusive $275 team entry fee and be included in the new High Roller’s optional for a shot at a big payday for the three heaviest striped bass in the division.
- General Big Fish payouts down to 5th place: Whereas in previous years the general Big Fish payouts went to the 3 biggest overall fish at Striper Derby, payouts will now go out to the anglers catching the 5 largest fish of the event.
- Multiple teams on one boat: Back again for 2020, more than one team may fish the Derby from the same boat – including but not limited to one-angler “teams,” which will also now be allowed at Striper Derby.
- One-division team competition: Striper Derby will consist of one, lone division including every registered team, with prizes and trophies going to the top-10 finishers of the event.
- All Teams Must weigh-In by boat: All tournament fish must be presented to the scales via boat ONLY at London Bridge Resort courtesy docks. No walk-in or drive-in fish will be accepted by tournament staff!
- All “BIG FISH” submissions: All big fish presented for top 5 Big Fish prizes or money, must be filmed at time of landing said fish. Cell phone video proof of that fish must be accompanied to verify the time and day the fish was landed. Video proof is required before the award show begins.
Western Outdoor News and the city of Lake Havasu are proud to be hosting the 38th anniversary of the Lake Havasu Striper Derby this coming May 15-16, 2021.
This year’s Grand Raffle prize Klamath 16 EXW paired with a Suzuki 40 HP motor and trailer will be a rig worth parking in front of the house to show off. Not to mention the family fishing fun at your local fishing hole at gorgeous Lake Havasu.
The Striper Derby festivities kick off on Friday afternoon May 14th at the team check-in, held at Anderson Toyota at 6510 Showplace Ave in Lake Havasu City. Anderson Toyota will be hosting all anglers and family members at a special appreciation BBQ during registration hours from 4 pm until 7 pm. BBQ starts at 5:00 PM. Teams will check in during this time, and they may purchase additional event T-shirts, make partner changes and enter the blind bogie and big fish options if not already entered. Late sign-ups will also be taken at this time. After check-in, a brief Captain’s Meeting will take place to go over event rules and weekend activities for first time entrants
The entry fee is $175 per team and it includes your basic entry and chance to win the boat, trophies and many other tackle prizes, including your Striper Derby hat and T-shirts for both team members. But most people enter the great options, which are $40 each day for the the blind bogeys. The General Big Fish Option is $20 per team and goes into the pool to be paid out to the five biggest stripers caught during the tournament based on 1st (35%), 2nd (20%) 3rd (20%) 4th (15%) 5th (10%). So for only $275 your team is “ALL IN.” This year there is the “HIGH ROLLER” entry, which puts those choosing to lay down another $100 into a separate TOP 3 Big Fish pool to be paid back on to the angler with the 1st (50%), 2nd (30%), 3rd (20%) biggest fish based on the number of anglers entered into the pool.The ever popular “BLIND BOGEY” contest running on both Saturday and Sunday is a fun way to win some random cash at the event . The $40 entry cost for each day goes into the blind bogey fund and gives the team a chance at winning a share of the random blind bogey weights. So whatever sized striper you catch, bring it in and weigh it and you might just be a cash winner, too.
Mark the date for this year’s event on your calendar and plan to attend the largest, most lucrative striped bass fishing event in the United States. The sun, fun, and festivities await you and your family.
You can sign up for this event now by clicking on the links at the upper right of this page, or call Striper Derby Director Billy Egan at (949) 290-0582. See you at Lake Havasu in May!